Cernik has been inhabited since ancient times (Neolithic settlements on the Slavcha hill and in Cernichka Shagovina - Starchevo culture). Within the province of Panonia Savia, the Romans ruled this area for four centuries (Roman finds in Baćindol and Podvrshko).
In historical sources, Cernik is mentioned in 1255, and in written documents from 1363. The noble estate in the 16th century had about twenty villages, and in 1520 by royal charter it became a market town (annual fair on the day of St. Francis).
The Cernik area is suitable for the development of livestock, viticulture, fruit growing and the production of organic food. Back in Ottoman times, it was already known for quality butter, fruit and wine.
№331 in locations of Croatia