Kulmer-Markovich Castle is located in Cernik, built on the site of a former medieval fortress and a small mosque. The fortress was entered by a drawbridge. The Austrian army demolished the old fortress on the grounds that the Ottomans could reconquer it if they came to Slavonia again. The fort was partially rebuilt by Baron Maximilian Petrash. Later, the estate was bought by the noble Markovich family in 1756. At that time the fortress took on its Baroque form and was turned into a noble castle. A reminder of this restoration is the coat of arms of the Markovich family above the entrance to the castle. Despite numerous reconstructions and current neglect, the castle has retained the medieval-renaissance look of a square building with an inner courtyard and round towers at the corners.