The area has been inhabited since prehistoric times, as evidenced by the ruins of the fortress wall of the neighboring ancient castle Krog. Triban and its neighboring village Bibali date back to the 15th century after Slavic migrations from the Balkans attacked by the Turks. The beautiful small chapel of St. George within the cemetery walls was built on the foundations of the original 17th century temple, and was consecrated by Bishop Marino Bozzatini in 1758. Today, surrounded by lush greenery, it resembles a place from a fairy tale. Typical grandstand houses made of beautiful white stone with film balconies and an external staircase display preserved traditional architecture.
№498 in Cities of Croatia