The area of Novska was the property of Countess Katarina Svetachka, until the invasion of the Turks (beginning in 1530), and then a property of Christopher II. In 1540, he became an Ottoman vassal. Realizing that he could not keep his estates, he handed over to the sultan his four forts, among them Novska, back then called Wyvar. During the Ottoman campaign and the fall of the most famous fortress in this area - Kraljeva Velika - in 1544, Novska completely fell under Ottoman rule, and at that time the church of St. Demetrius was destroyed.The urban structure of Novska was given an outline in the 18th century, primarily by the settlement of Krajishka road, which was built by Empress Maria Theresa, and after that by the construction of residential buildings on both sides of the Novljanchica stream. The triangle consists of three main and oldest streets. In the 19th and 20th centuries, the upgrade changed and complemented the urban core and settlements.
№108 in Cities of Croatia