Church of Our Lady of the Sea

5.0
Share
Save

During the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy at the end of the 19th century, Pula housed many members of its navy, so after a series of changes, the environment was arranged and a naval church was built in the then main seaport. Today it is the main parish for the local population, and is accompanied by the legend that due to the change of three architects, Emperor Francis Joseph scratched the marble to check whether the church was built of gold, given that he financed it.

See more about Pula

№50 of 63 places in Pula
№1478 of 2178 places in Croatia
№3 of 4 Churches and cathedrals in Pula
№149 of 290 Churches and cathedrals in Croatia

Guides in this place

Location

Pula

Place Location

Ul. Rikarda Katalinića Jeretova 12A, 52100, Pula

Reviews

5.0
(7 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Pula we found 63 places. Show results