Pitomacha

4.0
Share
Save

Throughout the existence of the municipality of Pitomacha, both in the past and today, it covers an area of ​​about (data from 2007) 29,000 hectares of land, of which more than 50% is arable land, while fertile as much as 90%, or about 26,000 hectares of land. The area of ​​the municipality of Pitomacha was inhabited in the Neolithic (about 7000 years ago). Illyrians settled here, then Celts and Romans, and from 9-10th century so did the old Slavs (Croats).
Pitomacha has been the center of the district since the settlement was founded at the beginning of the 18th century. It has excellent natural-geographical-political accommodation, which is a prerequisite for excellent economic development. From the middle of the 19th century, Pitomacha became an important trade and craft center of this part of Podravina, while the most significant development took place between the two world wars. Pitmoacha remains an important trade, craft and economic center to this day.
Pitomacha is one of the few places where several trees of a rare plant species known as ginkgo biloba were once planted. Nowdays in the town we have as many as 6 older trees (5 sexually mature), of which the oldest male ginkgo tree in the yard of the former Borik Pitomacha Mountaineering Society. It was planted around 1890 by the Pitomacha landowner Dragutin Götz.

№607 in locations of Croatia

The City Maps


Reviews

4.0
(1 review)
Mateo
very good!!!