Tupljak, a village in the municipality of Pichan, is located in a lowland area, and is known for its mining. This is the last coal mine in Croatia, which ceased operations in 1999. Thus, after almost 400 years of mining, coal production in Istrian coal mines was officially shut down. Tupljak was first mentioned in historical sources in 1325. Bartula with a sacristy, built in the 15th century, and according to tradition, the seat of the church of the same name from Goretina, which is mentioned in the Istrian divorce, passed there. In the cemetery there is a three-nave church of St. Hadrian, built in 1796.
№563 in locations of Croatia