On the western slopes of Uchka, next to Chepichko polje, there is a smaller settlement Kozljak. Agriculture and animal husbandry are important branches of the economy of the local population, and the settlement consists of a massive medieval castle. Today, the abandoned castle, which is being restored, was built on the site of an Illyrian hillfort, and was first mentioned in 1102. It is located on a steep cliff, probably for the purpose of monitoring the road that has led from central Istria to Kvarner since prehistoric times, then the Roman era and the Middle Ages.Within the walls are the remains of the Romanesque parish church of St. Hadrijana, expanded in 1834, and nearby there is a striking view of Chepichko polje. The church also has a plaque with a Glagolitic inscription from 1590, and outside it there are two more chapels.Definitely an interesting place to visit, lots of history and beautiful nature. Nearby Učka offers countless opportunities for active vacation and recreation. The beautiful beach Brsech is located in close proximity, and is easily accessible by car.
№503 in Villages and settlements of Croatia