Katarina Island is one of the most beautiful islands in the Rovinj archipelago. It is located only a few hundred meters from the city center, so it is easy to reach by taxi boats that depart from the small pier or Dolphin about every hour.
The island of Katarina is dominated by Mediterranean maquis and old coniferous forest, and there are flower parks and paths near the hotel. The island also has a cultivated vineyard and a few old olive trees.
The island also has an interesting past. Namely, according to the remains found in 1886, it was the first inhabited place in the area of Rovinj in the Bronze Age. Until 1473, there was an ossuary on the island for the hermits, who were later settled by servitudes from the Order of Mary, who also built a monastery and restored the church of St. Catherine and erected the bell tower.
The island came into the hands of the Paulini family in 1779, and in the middle of the 19th century it was bought by Matteo Rismondo who arranged the island and built the castle.
№389 in locations of Croatia