On the west coast of Istria, surrounded by rich Mediterranean vegetation mixed with olive groves, vineyards and fields, is located the municipality of Kashtelir-Labinci. At the time of the Venetian rule, the peninsula was inhabited by refugees from Dalmatia and Bosnia fleeing the Turks, who named the settlements around Kashtelir after their surnames, whose names still remain .
The turbulent history brought significant features that contributed to the development of the place as it is today.The military road “Via Flavia” passed through these areas.Some of the geographical features date back to the 17th century, as evidenced by the church from Rogovichka. We also find a church in the center of Kashtelir from 1908, but also the one in Labinci dedicated to St. John the Baptist from 1736. , and the 13th-century Gothic Church of the Holy Trinity. Benedictine Abbey of St. Michael under the ground was built in the ninth century and is named after an unusual sanctuary which, as the name suggests - buried underground. The remains of the abbey are located south of Labinci, and part of the sanctuary in the parish church Labinci, which proudly hosts among the oldest organs in Istria.
The modern history of the Municipality of Kashtelir Labinci is marked by traditional celebrations, but also those developed according to the wishes of the locals. So can we find the famous Gramperijada, where potatoes are celebrated as a fruit, and consists of a "competition" of the strangest, biggest potatoes and is accompanied by all kinds of potato dishes, music and joy of the locals in a humorous and fun tone. Kuzminja is also a celebration by which the traditional Church procession solemnly marks the day of the patron saint of the place, ie St. Kuzma.
№560 in locations of Croatia