Bacva, a village with an interesting name, is located in northwestern Istria, 10 km from Porec and 3 km from Visnjan on a hill 265 m above sea level from where there is a beautiful view of Istria, the sea and further to Italy.
The village was built on the foundations of a Roman fortification, which at the time was called Mons Buttarum (later Mondellebotte) which supposedly comes from a stream in the area. Today there is no stream in the vicinity of Bačva.
According to old records, Bacva had 4 churches. To this day, 2 churches of hewn stone and a dozen houses with 7 families remain.
Church of St. Jakov was built at the end of the 12th century, and it contains well-preserved frescoes from the 15th century made by folk masters, and in the church of St. The tombstone epitaph of the priest Stipe Dekovic from 1571 is kept. which is written in the old Croatian alphabet - Glagolitic. There is also a wooden polyptych from the 16th century, the work of Motovun master Alvis Ors.
The locals are engaged in agriculture, and in recent years in catering, agritourism, food growing and tourism in general.
№453 in locations of Croatia