The island of Brac is a popular destination for tourists who want to enjoy the authentic experience of the Croatian Adriatic. There is an unlimited number of recreational, educational and simply interesting things to see and explore on the island. The island of Brac is the largest Croatian island and is very close to Split.
In addition to the famous beach Zlatni rat, the island of Brac is a great place to relax, discover peaceful beaches and bays, enjoy amazing food and local wine. The highest mountain on the island, Vidova Gora, offers an unforgettable view of the Adriatic Sea and nearby islands such as Hvar and Vis.
We bring you unique places to visit and discover on your visit to the island of Brac:
1. Vidova gora - Vidova gora is not just a peak with a beautiful view - in 2009 the Educational Trail "Vidova Gora" was renovated and opened, which leads walkers and mountain bikers through the most attractive parts and educates them about a unique destination - a landscape protected by law.
2. Blaca Desert - is considered a desert due to the sparse nature that surrounds the lovely monastery. The monastery houses the second largest telescope in Europe, which has not been used for years. Today, this is one of the most popular destinations for a day trip on the island of Brac.
3. Sutivan Nature Park - Sutivan Nature Park is a perfect place for a family trip. On an area of 12,000 square meters there are various activities for all ages. Join hiking tours to experience this beautiful landscape.
4. Zlatni rat – Golden Horn or Zlatni rat in Croatian, a long pebble beach in the town of Bol, which elegantly stretches 500 m into the sea, is the most famous beach and the biggest attraction on the island. The beach is especially interesting because it naturally changes the direction of its peak, due to strong sea currents. You can choose a windy or other side to enjoy the sun, or just go windsurfing.
5. Lučice Bay - a favorite bay for boaters and divers. You can find accommodation in many summer houses and apartments. There are also restaurants offering Dalmatian specialties nearby.
6. Lovrecina Bay - Lovrecina Bay is located in the northern part of the island of Brac, between Postira and Pucisca, known for its large sandy beach and valuable archaeological sites. In Lovrecina you can find the remains of the Basilica of St. Lawrence from the 5th and 6th centuries. You can reach the bay by boat and car.
7. Martincica Beach - Martincica Beach near the center is divided into two parts by a small cape with a monastery. East of the monastery there is a beautiful bay with a beautiful view of the surroundings and the island of Hvar. Near the beach, there is a beach bar and a restaurant in the monastery yard, where you can take shelter from the hot sun.
8. Stipanska Bay - Stipanska Bay is located on the west coast of the island of Brac near Sutivan. If you want to spend your vacation in a quiet gentle bay of the island of Brac, visit the bay Stipanska and enjoy the warmth of the sun and the crystal clear sea.
9. Likva Bay - Beautiful beach Likva is located in the north of the island and is one of the best beaches. It is about 1.5 km away from Sutivan. The beach is calm and quiet, and the beautiful pine forest provides pleasant shade. Next to the beach, there is a cozy beach bar where you can enjoy cold drinks and delicious snacks.
10. Prja Bay - On the west side of the village Postira there is a beautiful bay with a rocky and sandy beach surrounded by pine trees, a coffee bar with characteristic stone tables, benches in the shade of pine trees and sun loungers.