The small island of Sveti Marin is only about two hundred meters away from the coast. It houses the eponymous church built in the 17th / 18th century. century on the foundations of an older building, and in 1818 it was restored. A 4th century marble slab with an inscription in honor of the Roman Empress Helena, erected by the governor of Dalmatia-Flavius Julius Rufinus Sarmentius, was found in these foundations.Today, this plaque is kept in the Archaeological Museum in Zagreb.It is also unusual that church customs have never been restored on the island. Legend has it that a woman hid among the priests, and that the island was not actually called St. Marin, but St. Marina.