The relic of the Blood of Christ from Ludbreg dates from 1411. Then the miraculous event of the appearance of the Most Holy Blood of Christ took place, about which Pope Leo X issued a bull in 1513. The ampoule with the Holy Blood of Christ is kept in the parish church of the Holy Trinity in Ludbreg.
In 1739, a plague broke out in Moslavina and Slavonia. Therefore, at the Croatian Parliament in Varazhdin, in December 1739, it was decided to build a votive shrine in Ludbreg, if the Almighty stops the plague in Moslavina and Slavonia. Ludbreg was chosen because of the Eucharistic miracle from 1411 and because the relic of the Blood of Christ is kept in it. The plague ceased, but the vow was not made immediately, probably for objective reasons, and in time it fell into oblivion. The vow was not fulfilled until September 1, 1996.
The relic has been declared authentic, and the main religious event and the great shrine "Holy Sunday" gather numerous pilgrims every year in August.