Dubrovnik Cathedral is dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and is the main place of the famous Dubrovnik diocese. It was built on the site of a historic Byzantine and Romanesque cathedral, which were destroyed in a great earthquake in the 17th century. Today's magnificent Baroque cathedral was built from 1671 to 1713.
The cathedral's treasury houses many gold and silver reliquaries, crosses, church utensils and paintings by Italian, Flemish and Croatian painters, including one of the most famous sacral paintings by the famous painter Rafaella "The Virgin and Child" from the 16th century. relic of the head of st. Vlaho from 11-12. century. It is decorated with enamel medallions and precious stones made by famous Dubrovnik goldsmiths.