Church of St. Francis

4.0
Share
Save

The historic Church of St. Francis is located in the northern part of the old town of the island of Pag.According to records, it was erected in the second half of the 15th century, and its works on the façade lasted until about the middle of the second decade of the 16th century.Next to this church was the Franciscan monastery, which was later abolished in 1785. There are no large works of art in the church, but the tombstones of prominent Pag families with coats of arms and inscriptions have been preserved, and among them is a memorial plaque to Elizabeth, the daughter of the Pag prince Jerolim Bragadin.Also, in the Church of St. Francis, during the Pag Cultural Summer, concerts of classical music are held, organized by Nina and Lovro Pogorelić. This is the most important and most attractive part of the Pag summer.

See more about Pag island

№54 of 58 places in Pag island
№1830 of 2166 places in Croatia
№3 of 4 Churches and cathedrals in Pag island
№219 of 290 Churches and cathedrals in Croatia

Guides in this place

Location

Pag island

Place Location

Ul. Ivana Mršića 26, 23250, Pag

Reviews

4.0
(7 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Pag island we found 58 places. Show results