At the foot of Cesargradska gora, between the colorful hills, lies Tuhelj. It was named after the Old Slavic word "tuhl" which means hollow, a moist place which in the Kajkavian dialect explains the word "tuhtina".
The first written document about Tuhlje dates from 1403. Throughout its past, Tuhelj has stood out as a historical, ecclesiastical, political and cultural center. It is here, in Tuhlje, that the Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built, which is widely known for its grandeur and cultural and historical significance. Today, she is a real beauty among Tuhelj huts.
As a political center, Tuhelj regained recognition with the creation of the Croatian state when it became an independent municipality. Its activities encourage the development of tourism, agriculture and other industries.
In addition to public activities, Tuhelj adorns the unity and harmony of his people. Regardless of the problems, the Tuhlians always knew how to find a common language, and this can be seen in the attitude towards guests and tourists.
№300 in locations of Croatia