Along with Medvedgrad, Garich grad is one of the oldest medieval Croatian fortified towns in northern Croatia. It was built in 1256 by Ban Stjepan Shubich. In 1295, the Paulines came to Garich gora and founded a monastery. In 1544, the Ottomans conquered and destroyed Garich and the monastery with the church of St. Mary. Garich grad is located in the middle of Moslavachka gora near Podgarich. It was abandoned in 1544 after suffering due to Ottoman invasions. From then until today, the ruins of the town of Garich have been preserved and it is a favorite picnic spot.