The main Cathedral in Osijek, ie the co-cathedral, is definitely one of the most recognizable and impressive Croatian churches, and it is also the main symbol of Osijek. This monumental building was built by Josip Juraj Strossmayer, who at that time was the bishop of the dioceses of Dakovo and Srijem. Construction thus began in 1866 on the site of the then Upper Town Parish Church, due to the fact that the then church became too small for the increased number of Osijek's population. The concathedral is a recognizable red brick color, neo-Gothic style with a richly painted interior. Interestingly, this building is the third largest and the second tallest church in Croatia after the cathedrals in Zagreb and Dakovo, with a total capacity of more than 3,000 people. The cathedral suffered a lot during the Homeland War, when it was the main target of enemy missiles. Nevertheless, religious gatherings and masses were still held daily, and this custom has remained to this day - you can attend worship every day at 07:00 and 18:30, and on Sundays at 06:30 and 07:30, 08:30 , 10:00, 11:30 and 18:30.