According to legend, in 1722 a fisherman named John Bogavchich-Tuburko, working in the area of Cape Gradina, saw an unusual light. When he approached the rock from which the light erupted, he found a picture of Our Lady resting on it, a depiction of Mary visiting her He took the picture home and stored it in the trunk, but it mysteriously returned to the same place on the rock. This happened three times. Soon the villagers and their priest decided to build a chapel on the site, and a ceremony that continues today is 1776.
The miraculous painting was destroyed in a fire in the parish church, and another, made in Vienna in 1888, was stolen in the 1960s.
The ceremony will take place on July 2 in Petrovchica, where the image of Our Lady will be transported by boat to priests and young girls dressed in white dresses on the shores of Rogoznica. This is followed by a procession that includes hundreds of boats and thousands of worshipers on foot, many of whom are walking barefoot for nearly 2.5 km.