Right next to the church of St. Katarina is an unusual building that has a crown at its top, which stands out from afar in the panorama of Lindar. At the entrance to the courtyard there is a monumental arch, and high on the facade is visible a rustic stone relief of the lion of St. Mark, the symbol of Venice. This villa once belonged to the prominent Baxa family, originally from Lindar. It was built in the 19th century by Admiral Dr. Romano Baxa, once the commander of a warship and later a longtime Navy staff physician. And his son Carlo (1875 - 1951) began a successful military career with the Hungarian Hussars, he was also known as a good rider and president of the riding society. However, he left his military career and retired to Lindar, to his parents' villa, where he devoted himself to cultivating the land and growing table grapes, where he completed his never published but often quoted work on Istrian coats of arms.