Saint John of Stern is a village not far from Sveti Lovrech, near which is the former representative castle of the Polesini family. The Gravisi family, later the Marquise Polesini, acquired the estate as a dowry from the Scampicchio family in 1688. Among other owners of Saint John of Stern is mentioned The noble Polesini family builds a castle with a park and surrounding Palladian-style buildings on a hill near the settlement where the old castle once stood. .Probably the most beautiful classicist building in Istria, it is the perfection of a classical architectural composition. New research shows that the castle probably got its definite shape in the 19th century. The square tower, as a reminder of the older castle, can still be recognized on the north side of the complex. The palace is inhabited today, but very neglected.