Sveti Ivan Fortress

5.0
Share
Save

Sveti Ivan is a fortress within the Dubrovnik city walls built in the 14th century. It is located on the south side and its main role was to defend the city port.The fortress was built under the name "Mula" Fortress. The so-called Gundulich's fortress, according to the designs of the Dubrovnik engineer Paskoj Milichevich. Both fortresses were connected by towers in 1522, and since 1557 they have formed a whole as we know it today. It is definitely worth a visit - on its ground floor there is an aquarium, and on the 1st and 2nd floor there is a Maritime Museum where nautical enthusiasts can enjoy.

See more about Dubrovnik

№28 of 56 places in Dubrovnik
№990 of 2166 places in Croatia
№5 of 9 Historic buildings in Dubrovnik
№47 of 177 Historic buildings in Croatia

Guides in this place

Place Type

Historic buildings

Location

Dubrovnik

Place Location

Tvrđava Sv. Ivana,, 20000, Dubrovnik

Reviews

5.0
(2 reviews)
Mateo
very good!!!
Marina
The fortress is impressive, built on a large scale. Nice to walk and there is entertainment in the form of a museum and aquarium
In Dubrovnik we found 56 places. Show results