The tower was built by the Venetians in 1474 during the reign of the Pietro da Mulo platform during the last reconstruction of the Poreč defensive walls due to the looming Ottoman danger.
The Round tower is part of what is left of the historic defensive wall of Poreč. It is located in the southeastern part of the Porech peninsula, from where the arrival from the sea and from the mainland was controlled. On the upper south side of the tower is engraved a stone memorial table with the initials of the podium and the year of completion. The plan of the tower is a regular circular shape, while the interior is made of intricate, irregular corridors, passages, ascents and loopholes.