Paris Church of St. George

4.0
Share
Save

Paris Church of St. George has a late Gothic polygonal sanctuary, and inside the church we find several original Glagolitic inscriptions. According to the Latin inscription on the bell tower (1645), we conclude that the Boljun bell tower is one of the oldest in Istria.
Unusual stone “cones” placed along the wall surrounding the church, as well as the embossed paving curbs were most likely taken from some older building. The Glagolitic-Latin inscription from 1641 of the last Glagolitic parish priest from Boljun, Bernard Velijan, is visible on the back outer wall of the church.

See more about Boljun

№2 of 3 places in Boljun
№1777 of 2178 places in Croatia
№1 of 2 Churches and cathedrals in Boljun
№210 of 290 Churches and cathedrals in Croatia

Location

Boljun

Place Location

Reviews

4.0
(7 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Boljun we found 3 places. Show results