The first Hvar lodge is mentioned as early as 1289. The construction of the new lodge began in the 15th and was completed in the 16th century. The lodge burned down during the Turkish invasion in 1571, but was later repaired and restored. During the Venetian rule, it served as a public courtroom, holding public auctions for the lease of taxes and customs, and next to it was the Rector's Palace, demolished in the early 20th century for the construction of Empress Elizabeth's hotel. found Kursalon - hotel cafe, reading room, dance hall and gathering place of Hvar's social elite.