Fritzi Palace - Losinj Museum

5.0
Share
Save

In the first half of the 19th century, the building of the first city administration - Municipio was built on the site of today's Fritzi Palace. Towards the end of the 19th century, the building was thoroughly remodeled and converted into a historicist palace with a distinctive array of four-leafed windows on the main facade.

Loshinj craftsmen on the first floor decorate a representative Great Hall with a gallery, on the fence of which are carved symbols of individual crafts. At the beginning of the 20th century, the palace housed the Pension Fritzi, after which it is named. After the Second World War, the National University (later called the Mali Loshinj Public Open University) operated there, and in 2007 it became the seat of the newly established Loshinj Museum.

The two most important collections from the Art Collections of Mali Loshinj are on display in the Fritzi Palace - the Collection of Old Masters of Piperata in the Great Hall on the first floor and the Collection of Croatian Masters Andro Vid Mihichich in the hall on the third floor. Both collections bear a strong authorial stamp of their creators, but the circumstances under which they were created are very different.

See more about Losinj Island

№15 of 19 places in Losinj Island
№1215 of 2178 places in Croatia
№4 of 4 museums and galleries in Losinj Island
№52 of 175 museums and galleries in Croatia

Location

Losinj Island

Place Location

51550, Mali Losinj

Reviews

5.0
(7 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Losinj Island we found 19 places. Show results