The construction of this beautiful baroque building that combines work and worship began back in 1702. The church was completed in 1710 and dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi who was the founder of the Franciscan Order. The monastery library houses a collection of about twelve thousand historical books, mostly of theological content, some of which date from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries and are a real rarity. The library was annexed to the monastery in 1878. The monastery also has a monastery collection of over 250 exhibits that represent various evidence of human creativity, knowledge and achievements.