Fort Punta Christo

4.0
Share
Save

The Punta Christo Fortress was built in the middle of the 19th century on the peninsula of the same name near Shtinjan, at the entrance to the Bay of Pula and opposite the Brijuni National Park. It was the largest and strongest coastal fortress of the imperial and royal fortress artillery of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. After the Second World War, the fortress was abandoned, as it is located in a large and neglected area, it found a new function as the cradle of various festivals that raise the cultural and entertainment program of the whole of Istria.

See more about Pula

№51 of 63 places in Pula
№1796 of 2047 places in Croatia
№10 of 11 Historic buildings in Pula
№165 of 176 Historic buildings in Croatia

Place Type

Historic buildings

Location

Pula

Place Location

Štinjan bb, 52100, Pula

Reviews

4.0
(1 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Pula we found 63 places. Show results