Church of St. Martin

4.0
Share
Save

The Church of St. Martin is located in the Lindar Cemetery, about 800 meters west of the town. It was built in the 14th century in the Romanesque style and was until recently covered with stone slabs (slate). There are no bells.The interior of the church is very simple.On the floor of the church there is a tombstone inscription of Pope Matušić from 1588 written in Glagolitic script, and an interesting tombstone without an inscription depicting a double-headed eagle is made of deep relief. from 1644 to 1660 they were the owners of the Pazin principality, and occasionally stayed in Lindar where they had a summer house.

See more about Lindar

№5 of 6 places in Lindar
№1795 of 2166 places in Croatia
№3 of 4 Churches and cathedrals in Lindar
№214 of 290 Churches and cathedrals in Croatia

Location

Lindar

Place Location

52000, Lindar

Reviews

4.0
(7 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Lindar we found 6 places. Show results