The fleet of the Holy Alliance, in which the Venetian galley St. John with the Rab commander Ivan Dominis and the Rab crew, on October 7, 1571, on the day of St. Justine, she defeated the Turkish fleet. With remembrance and thanks for this event on Freedom Square, and on the site of the early Christian church of St. Tome (11th century), in 1574 a female Benedictine monastery for commoners and the church of St. Justine. The present form of the church was given in the 18th century when stucco on the ceiling and semicircular windows were broken. The monastery buildings were demolished at the end of the 19th century, and the remains of the recently discovered cloister and chapel have been preserved. South wall with windows of the church of St. This is visible in the restored interior of St. Justine. Along with numerous works of art from the churches of Rab, there is a polyptych by Paolo Venezian from the 14th century, crucifixes and paintings from the 13th to the 18th century, missals, reliquaries, clothes, pastoral of bishops, terracotta, antipendia and statues. The bell tower of the church dates from 1672, and the last in a series of four Rab bell towers was erected.