In the town of Bachva, south of Vishnjan, there is a single-nave church of St. Jacob. The picturesqueness of the church with an inscribed apse is enhanced by a Gothic transept with an opening for two bells. It was built in the 12th century in the Romanesque style, and the simplicity of the church is adorned with frescoes created in the 16th century to decorate its interior. Discovered and restored in 1913, the frescoes on the church walls show the Christological cycle. the very top of the apse depicts God the Father.
Some of them were painted by the famous painter Dominik from Udine, whose works can be seen in several Istrian churches.