Boljun castle was built and upgraded from the 11th to the 17th century. During the wars, it successfully provided refuge to the inhabitants of Boljun and its surroundings (eg 1332, 1612 ...). Until recently, there was a pond for water supply in the middle of the yard, now buried and adapted to the need to hold events. At the round stone table there is a beautiful view of the valley. We can easily imagine how from this place the defenders of Boljun in 1612 observed the arrival of an army of Venetian mercenaries from the direction of Plomin. At that time, of all the castles of the Pazin principality, only Boljun and Pazin successfully resisted the attacks.
Along the northern corner of the castle is the "small town gate".