The Balbi Arch leads to the old town and is the entrance through narrow cobbled streets. Built in 1679, it is an excellent architectural piece with beautiful carvings. This ancient Venetian arch is located in the heart of the old town. The main gate of the city used to be in its place. In 1679, the old door was demolished and replaced by Balbi's arch, named after its chief Daniel Balbi, as evidenced by the inscription on the arch itself.