Archaeological collection Osor - Loshinj Museum

5.0
Share
Save

The building of the former City Hall and Loggia, in which the Collection has been located since its opening to the public in 1889, is a Renaissance building built in the first half of the 15th century, along with other public buildings on the main town square - the Bishop's Palace and Cathedral. 

It was protected as a cultural monument in 1964. The spacious loggia houses a lapidary with ancient fragments, medieval plaited ornaments and Renaissance spolias, while on the first floor of the town hall are exhibited objects mostly from the time of the early Roman Empire.

See more about Loshinj Island

№1 of 19 places in Loshinj Island
№551 of 2074 places in Croatia
№1 of 2 Ruins and archeological sites in Loshinj Island
№30 of 87 Ruins and archeological sites in Croatia

Place Location

Gradska vijećnica, 51554, Osor

Reviews

5.0
(1 review)
Mateo
very good!!!
In Loshinj Island we found 19 places. Show results