Lindar is an Istrian village, part of the City of Pazin. It is located east of Pazin in the valley of Pazin stream..The oldest part of the settlement was inhabited in prehistory, and Lindar was first mentioned in 1283 when the Bishop of Porech, Boniface Pazhin, handed over a mill under Lindar to Pazin. During later periods, a fort was built on the site, parts of the walls and towers of which can still be seen.The core of Lindar consists of Renaissance and folk simple houses. In Lindar there are many sights such as the preserved remains of semicircular towers within the ramparts, the Parish Church of St. Mohor and Fortunato, Church of St. Catherine, Church of St. Sebastian and Rocco, the City Loggia, the remains of old walls and houses from the XV. and the sixteenth century.
№643 in Villages and settlements of Croatia